Farewell! MindBites to Shut Down in December
by Jason in General / 09.15.16
Dear MindBites Community,
It has been a long and fun journey since we started working on MindBites over 10 years ago, but regrettably, the time has come to shut both the site and company down. As of December 14, 2016, the MindBites Website and Service will cease its operations. Here’s what you need to know:
- Access to all video purchases will cease on December 14, 2016 therefore you should view and/or download (if applicable) any purchased content prior to that date.
- Active lesson credits must be used by November 14th, 2016.
- Requests for a refund for unused credits purchased since November 14th, 2015 may be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by November 21st, 2016. Please include your specific account information such as email address or user id, as well as the specific number of credits being requested to be refunded.
- Any active published lessons will remain for sale (unless you choose to deactivate them) on the MindBites website and any active custom stores for the next 60 days until November 14th, 2016.
- Final payout requests for eligible earnings must be made by November 21st, 2016 or will be subject to forfeiture. To request an eligible earnings payout, please follow the normal process of going to your Author Dashboard on MindBites.com and clicking the “Request Payment” button.
- If you have any issues or questions please email the support team at email@example.com including your specific account information such as email address or user id, the balance you are trying to request and the specific issue you are having.
- For alternative video commerce options, there are a ton of products out there these days to help you out. They have widely variable price points and pretty disparate feature sets, but we think the following options may be worth checking out:
With a Shopify Store
With a Big Commerce Store
For integration into a Wordpress site:
- Woo Commerce with the Host Stream Sell Plugin
As a standalone solution:
We wanted to take a final moment and just thank everyone for all of the support over these last ten years. We started with a big vision and a fantastic group of people working together. We are leaving with some incredible learnings and countless fun memories. Thank you. We really appreciate it.
The MindBites Team