MindBites Custom Video Stores: Making it easy to Sell Videos Online on your own site!
by Dustin in General / 11.09.11
MindBites Custom Stores are arguably the most powerful tool we offer our partners in their quest to conquer the online video marketplace. I know the greatness of a Custom Store is not news to a lot of you, but, for those new to the party, here is a quick overview!
Essentially, a Custom Store is a video store built off of our video-on-demand platform. Our custom stores:
- Match the look and feel of your site
- Are easy to set up and easy to bolt onto your own site or blog
- Allow visitors to preview, purchase access to and view purchased videos
- Support a wide range of video product configurations (rent, buy, download, stream, bundle, etc)
- Offer content organization and categorization options
- Offer built-in social media options (embed codes, sharing with Google+ and Facebook, etc)
- Handle video functions (flash and MP4 video creation, hosting, streaming, etc)
- Handle commerce functions (PayPal and credit card payments, refunds, etc)
- Handle purchase fulfillment, customer management and technical support functions
Now that we are all familiar with Custom Stores, I’d like to point you towards a new series of Screencasts that Chelsea created on, you guessed it, setting up your Custom Video Store! This series of videos should help you in setting up or tweaking your own store, give you some ideas on Custom Store best practices and highlight some Custom Store features of which you may not be aware.
When you’re ready to start rolling with a custom store (or just upload some videos to sell through our video marketplace), click on over to our site to get signed up to sell your videos online using the MindBites platform. Let us know what you think in the comments below or feel free to send us an email directly with any questions!